Dinosaur themed playground – the children’s favorite choice!
Children’s dynamic minds crave for new things all the time. This has caused a shift from traditional playground equipment to creative and unconventional ones. Therefore, it has become necessary for playground equipment manufacturers to innovate continually and roll out creative products for children. One such product is Dinosaur themed playground. It comprises equipment that resembles the intriguing pre-historic creatures-dinosaurs.
Some dinosaur-themed equipment is:
Allosaurus, meaning “different lizard”, roamed the planet 155-145 million years ago. Children can pretend to be paleontologists and discover this amazing Allosaurus buried under sand.
The Ankylosaurus was an armored tank kind of dinosaur that lived 68-66 million years ago.
The Coelophysis Dig is a smaller dinosaur dig easily suitable for any sand pit or even sand box near a playground or on its own.
The mastodon is huge, divided into three sections. children can dig up various parts of its bone accurate skeleton.
The Pachycephalosaurus means “thick-headed lizard.” It roamed earth in the late Cretaceous Period 70-66 million years ago.
Saurornitholestes means “lizard-bird thief” because its skull had physical similarities to modern birds.
This T-Rex skull was created using casts from molds taken from the original fossil of the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman Montana.
•Troodon Egg Digs
Molded off of original museum pieces this small cache of eggs is how the Troodon laid its young 65-75 million years ago.
The Protoceratops was a plant-eater that roamed earth 83 to 70 million years ago.
A scientifically accurate cast of a Stegosaurus. This life size dig will amaze kids as they slowly uncover the bones.
The Struthiomimus lived 65 million years ago. It had no teeth and lived off insects, plants, fruit, and small lizards.
This T-Rex dig was cast off the second most complete T-Rex specimen in the world. This is the T-Rex on display at the Chicago museum. Bury this skeleton under sand and watch children be amazed as they uncover this huge life size T-Rex.
One of the coolest climbers made out of Triceraptor fossil. Its gives children the feeling of climbing on a real dinosaur.
What makes them the favorite choice of children?
•Impart learning with fun
Scientifically accurate Dinosaur digs and climbers are casts of dinosaurs displayed in museums around the world. Children who live in towns with no access to museums can enjoy dinosaur skeletons right in their playground. Nevertheless, durable outdoor signage is offered, of the specimen and provides an explanation as to where the skeleton was originally found and the importance of the skeleton to the science of paleontology.
•Comply with CSA and ATSM Playground Safety Standards
You don’t need to worry about your children’s safety with CSA and ATSM certified equipment.
•Long lasting aesthetics and strength
The digs are cast in durable fiberglass reinforced concrete and color is imbedded into the cast to ensure that they will never fade or breakdown.
To install dinosaur themed playground equipment, contact our team at Henderson Recreation.
Custom playground equipment – a Different Design for Everybody
Every child is different, and different children have different needs. There are playgrounds for fulfilling specific purposes like educative, fitness, and developmental. There are various factors that come in play while designing a playground. You could build a playground according to your child’s age, height, interests, etc. Additionally, there are other factors like budget, location, size, theme, etc. Custom playground equipment allows you to create a playground suiting your needs. Instead of installing a pre-built playground, you could make your own by adding different play events according to your choice.
There are numerous standalone play events you could combine to design a custom playground-
Swings are an integral part of playgrounds. There are a lot of types of swings like arch swing, single pole swing and tire swing (that comprises a tire instead of a paddle). Moreover, there are more customizable swing options like Extend-A-Bay and Extend-A-Half-Bay. They let you add more bays to a single swing set even after installation.
There are numerous kinds of climbers like Lava Rock Climber, Camelback Climber, Cliff Hanger, Dome Climber, Rock Climber, Inclined Vortex Net, Space Station, Spider Net, Twist Climber, etc. Different climbers can be used according to the kind of playground you want to customize.
Motion toys are the most versatile equipment as there are so many of them available for different types of themes. There are spring motion toys, see-saws, clovers, teeter-totters, rock-a-rounds, etc. These come in various forms like cars, animals, birds, boats, alphabets, pirates, etc. You could pick the design according to your playground theme.
You could add these to your play structures, or create a unique play space filled entirely with freestanding and traditional play events.
Slides, found in most playgrounds, could also adorn your customized playground. There are quite some options when it comes to slides. You could choose from a classic slide, wave slide, twister slide, spiral slide, etc. You can choose the colors of each sectional piece to go with your playground.
Types of spinners include Orbiter, seated spinners and standing spinners. They are a great way of burning calories and could be added to just about any kind of playground.
•Nature inspired play events
Nature inspired playground equipment is a perfect fit for your nature themed playground. It comprises boulders, rocks climbers, log beams, log climbers, log steppers, log benches, etc.
Sand play has options like sand boxes with a roof, skeleton accessible sand tables and sand diggers.
Other custom playground equipment include play vehicles, play houses, ball games and sports equipment. Custom playground equipment provides a different design for everybody. You can choose the equipment, their color, and the order in which they are installed. This enables you to have a unique playground for your children.
For details on custom playground equipment or help in installation, contact our team of experts at Henderson Recreation. We’d be happy to assist you!
A themed activity park is an area that features various attractions, such as rides and play equipment that revolve around a central theme. An outdoor or indoor playground that is theme based is built in a way that it covers landscaping and architecture based on the theme. They are common these days due to their appeal. These not only serve as fun parks for children but also as picnic spots for families and moreover good learning areas for kids. Themed activity parks equipment can be developed on a plethora of concepts of innovative themes like nature, military, farms, water parks, outdoor fitness, farms and dinosaur digs, etc. They are designed with detail catering to children of different ages.
Why has themed activity parks equipment become the in-thing?
- Creativity: Themed parks can ignite creativity in children by providing the space and setting for play in a storytelling manner. This provokes children to indulge in decision making and exploring activities. For example, a dinosaur-themed play area would put children in a space wherein they can imagine being in the dinosaur era and excavate their way out.
- Development: These playgrounds aid in the learning and development of children. By providing an area based on a theme, they impart knowledge on the subject. Obstacle courses, for instance, allow children to challenge themselves against their peers. They learn the skills to conquer the obstacles while honing their social skills.
- Fun: Themes playgrounds serve the most fundamental aim of playgrounds – fun. Children just want to get out there frolicking their way through parks. These playgrounds provide an additional factor of attractiveness for them. Apart from the regular swing and slide, these present more ways to play.
What better than looking at a child playing with the expression of sheer joy on their face?
- Customization: Theme based playgrounds can be built on various themes as per your requirements. They allow you to pick any theme and create your own playground by mixing and matching different equipment. Thus creating something matching the taste and needs of yourself and your community.
- Aesthetics: Since themed playgrounds are in tandem with their theme, they are aesthetically pleasing. They use bright and appealing shapes that attract children. For example, nature-inspired play events look similar to natural elements like trees and logs. Therefore, they possess the visual appeal of the natural world
Theme parks have gained a lot of traction in this century as they are beneficial for parents and children alike. There are innumerable types of themed activity parks you can create. The options include indoor and outdoor play areas. Let us take a look at some innovative equipment that could be used in theme parks:
- Playsteel MAX: Playsteel MAX are large and complex play systems that come in many variants. There are different systems available according to age groups. They consist of an assortment of structures like slides, skateboard riders, flat bridges, climbers, stepping stones, word tumblers and many more. They even house avant-garde inclusions like Braille panel.
- Fitness themed equipment: There are numerous kinds of park equipment focusing on fitness. For example, Playsteel FIT provides the balance of upper body overhead events and climbing events that help excellent physical activity for children. It comes in variants according to age group. There is a lot of outdoor fitness equipment facilitating upper body, lower body, cardio, and static core exercises. There is even wheelchair accessible fitness equipment available in the market. By incorporating these units into the outdoor gym, the benefits of fitness can be extended to a greater percentage of the population. Nevertheless, there is more equipment like obstacle courses for fitness-themed parks.
- Sports-themed equipment: There is various sports-themed equipment that can be used to adorn your activity park. It includes basketball hoops, tetherball and rope, tetherball game panda hoop games and tripe hoop games, etc. These also come in different variations. They not only present a fun way for children to play but also encourage them to play sports.
- Toddler equipment: Parks especially designated for preschool toddlers have equipment like Playtots. It comes in different types in terms of design, shapes, structures, and colors. It features curvy panels and textures decks. Hence, it ensures the safety of your tiny toddlers while maintaining the visual appeal. There is other equipment of this theme such as playhouses, sand play, play vehicles, and motion toys.
Themed activity parks equipment has been doing the rounds in the past due to all the aforementioned reasons. It can be installed in amusement parks, housing neighborhoods, commercial establishments, and public spaces. For details on the products mentioned here and more, contact our expert staff at Henderson Recreation. We’d be happy to assist you.